03 July 2007

iPlayed with it!

Ladies and Gentleman: the fingers that are typing this post have touched gold. Well, not gold per se, but something with a value that is equivalent: an iPhone. After work yesterday, I decided to hoof it up to 34th street, the closest AT&T store to see this glimmering sculpture of glass and electronics. I get to the store, and I hear that they are out of iPhones. No worries, since there is no way in high holy hell that I am shelling out $600 for one right now. But that was ok, they had 2 in the store on display for people to play with. So I hopped in line behind 3 people to finger this technological masterpiece.

After getting frustrated with the guy in front of me taking what seemed like an eternity, I stepped up to bad and picked it up. It’s not as big as I thought it would be, but it is not small either. its really beautiful though! I had only a few minutes to play with it, or else I’m sure the Latvian guy in line behind me would have been shitty and caused a communistesque fit, and I didn’t want that.

Google maps was amazing, iTunes was rad, the video screen was crystal clear (it has better resolution than most LCD or plasma tele’s!), and the photos were crazy the way that you “pinch” the picture to zoom out and expand your fingers it zoom in. it’s seriously one of the coolest products I have ever seen in my mere 27 years.I was even able to read this very blog on there! Unreal!

I’ll def wait until the 2nd or 3rd generation comes out and all the kinks are fixed before I even consider plopping down any cash for it. Right now I’m dying for the Blackberry Curve! It’s hawt! Come the end of this summer I think I’m going to treat myself to one! Yay!

No comments: