10 October 2005

Day 1...actually Day 11

So today is the beginning of my third week here at work. Yeah, I like it and all, but I don't know if it is what I really my style. Yeah, that sounds incredibly stupid of me to say, because technically I am doing what I want to be doing, and it is a "great learning experience" as everyone has told me but still. I mean, I'm not making as much as I would really like to be making, I'm stuck in a suit all day (in an office with 3 people! why the hell do i need to be wearing a suit??), and there is no music playing. I like thrive on music playing, and its dead silent in here. That alone is killing me!

Whatever, I guess that I can't complain, since I finally have a job, after what seems like an eternal search that I have had since I moved to NYC over 3 years ago. I was telling T. (you'll get to know my friends eventually....you'll love them!) about a week or two before I got this job, that I was just soooo damn disappointed with New York. I hadn't had a really good/fulfilling/consistent job since I moved here. Yes, I was gainfully employed at the Parker Meridien for 14 months, but I HATED IT. 14 months of work, and I only had like 4 Saturdays and 3 Sundays off that entire time! I got paid great money, especially coming straight outta college, but the job was killing me. SOOOOO happy that I am not there anymore.

So now, here I am, working in Corporate America as a publicist for a worldwide company. No longer am I a front office agent, a barista, a waiter, a host, a whore (um....i wasn't a whore....really, i swear...), and host again. I gots me a job ladies! Exciting, I know!

So on a completely different note, I started dating/seeing this really great guy who we'll call "T.A.". Met online (I know, but whatever. If good Jewish girls meet their man on J-Date, its acceptable, but when a gay boy meets another gay boy online, its considered trashy. I love the way the world revolves...) Anyway, we've gone out on like 8 or 9 dates. Yes, 8 or 9 dates. Thats like 2 full long-term relationships in the lesbian world! He's a great guy, and his accent just SLAYS me. I told S. and T. that maybe because I haven't been in a relationship in about 52 years, I feel awkward dating him, because this is such a new feeling. But, I like him, so we'll see. I guess we'll just have to see how this all pans out, right?

Ugh. The problems I have, I swear!

2 comments:

MickeyPsHo said...

seriously. the musicless life (especially at work) is just too depressing. if the 3 other people dont mind, try accuradio.com. my fave is the boy bands and blondes but there are countless other stations im sure youll enjoy!

Anonymous said...

you are my FAVORITE publicist. let's drink.