17 December 2007

thoughts and thoughts

well, as i said in my previous post, i am now 28. i am happy that i am getting older, because i am learning more and more about myself everyday. after having a "small" (ie: 21 person) dinner on friday night, some of the boys went out a-drinkin. after several cocktails, i found myself at barrage waxing poetic about how much i have changed in my years. its really true though. i am more confident in myself, i am more secure in my abilities. now look, that doesn't mean that i don't doubt myself here and there, because i'd be lying if i said that i didn't. 

friday was a lot of fun, saturday was shopping with my best friend eric, then having din with him, his partner joe and wendy and jenny who was in town from philly. we drank, we ate, and then we went back to wendy's place and schmoked and had one of the funniest conversations i can recall. we talked all about sex with men vs sex with women and it was both hilarious and informative for everyone involved!

sunday i saw Juno with Queen Jiller, and I have to highly recommend this movie to everyone. stellar cast, great directing, excellent script, and a standout performance by ellen page as the lead. fantastic fantastic movie.

tonight, TA took me to dinner at Annisa, for my birthday, and it was just excellent. not just the food, but the company as well. its been a very rocky road for us, but we are forging a special bond as friends, and i am very happy about that. look, inherently, i'm always going to care about him, and i know that he feels the same. there is a part of me that will probably always be in love with him, and i'm ok with that, because i think that that is normal. if we weren't friends, i would probably be brokenhearted. how can you just void your life of someone who you spent such a significant part of it with? it doesn't seem natural. we'll probably still have our bumpy moments, but in the long run (and i have said this before), we will always be in each others lives. he is a good person and i am grateful that we are where we are. 

he also got me a pair of rayban aviators that i had expressed interest in. not at all necessary, so thank you TA, it was very sweet and generous of you.

i look forward to wearing said glasses tomorrow morning on the train up to CT, where i am going for a meeting for my first day of work! we're meeting with someone regarding the south beach wine and food festival, which i am also going to from feb 17-25. i'm very excited, and i know that this is just going to be a great opportunity for me.

i'm in a happy mood right now, and i am hoping that it sustains itself for a while. i have a feeling that it will.

in the meantime, i hope that everyone checks out this video (audio is NSFW)...hilarious!


No comments: